Monday, October 10, 2011

Entertaining Myself

Thanks to last week's post when I thought I was moving house (whew! glad I got clear about not to do that just now!), I developed a new love for the song Willin', as played live below by Little Feat c. 1976. I've spent the days since then learning to play the song on guitar, and I'm downright proud of myself.


I'd looked at the chords written out before and in not being able to make sense of their apparent over-my-head-ness, I gave up pretty quickly. But thanks to the joys of YouTube (that also helped me fix my toilet all by myself today), and some patience, and a sprinkle of desire to be bad ass for knowing how, I've learned to play Willin',

I'm still not totally sure on how to sing the verses over the chords, but I also feel that they are too low for me, so I've asked a few of my male music buddies to help me out. I think Chris Cage is a great bet. He has that perfect story-telling way of singing that makes the verses of this song what they are.

And now I want everyone to pay attention and talk about how charming my doodle is and how cool of a chick I am for learning Willin' and  . . .  what? . . . you say the boyz are all busy watching Monday Night Football? Oh well. I am entertaining myself.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment