Monday, September 26, 2011

Impermanence, Meandering, and the Appearance and Disappearance of the Road


The first post I wrote for this blog, that subsequently disappeared, told of my life since my last megatrip, eventually explaining my ever-since-then desire to go wandering and make my way up north and east from Texas, eventually to visit Levon Helm's barn and get to be at (at least) one of his Midnight Rambles. Honestly, I forget what else I'd said. Something about wanting to visit my friends in Grundy, Virgina. To rest. Make music. Make art. Go where guided. Go for it.

I mentioned this Steve Jobs quote: 

Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment, failure — these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only the truly important.
Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.

and how it's been speaking to me lately.

And I added that I don't know how life works, at all. I do know that I function on intuition and guidance and not much else. And although I find myself nervous at times, I am more and more guided to seeing the direct, fresh, natural and spontaneous unfoldment of life, now and now and now and nnnnnnnnnooooooooowwwwww.

Indescribably now. 

I feel comfortable and satisfied right where I am. At this moment, I desire nothing. And life found me today with the clarity of this feeling to journey and to visit a Ramble in the midst of it. What comes next is unknown. I can predict nothing. 

Life simply finds me here, tonight, enjoying creating this blog, introducing the world to the wind of inspiration, encouraging me, meandering us all. 

And speaking of introducing the world, I heart-ily welcome little baby Oliver, born to my friends Mona and Pat, this morning at 10:37. Auntie Carin can't wait to meet you!

I'm grateful to have been liberated from my desk job, as are my ass and my skin that's finally getting a kiss of summer. I'm grateful for the comfort of writing on this laptop and for the speakers and the music coming through them and for the curiosity to see if an impulse will have this journey unfold as the sparks have imagined. 

Ramble on.

No comments:

Post a Comment